- Reebok Answer 13
- Reebok Question
- Reebok Answer
- Reebok Answer 2
- Reebok Answer 3
- Reebok Answer 4
- Reebok I3 Playoff
- Reebok Answer 5
- Reebok Answer 6
- Reebok Answer 7
- Reebok Answer 8
- Reebok Answer 9
- Reebok Answer 10
- Reebok Answer 11
- Reebok Answer 12
Introduction to Reebok Answer XII Invictus
Allen Iverson broke out his newest signature shoe, the Reebok Answer XII, during the first game between the Detroit Pistons and the Los Angeles Lakers in November 2008. The debut of the Reebok Answer XII meant the unveiling of a sleek and streamlined look that Iverson’s fans so dearly loved early in The Answer’s series timeline (eg. Answer XII’s toe cap is reminiscent of a more speedy Questions‘ toe cap). It’s predecessor, Answer XI, which was designed by up-and-coming designer Drew Winfield, detailed a great Mortal-Immortal backstory, and also performed excellently on-court. The XII received its design cues from Japanese-born Reebok designer Kohei Kanata, who also designed the Answer X. Both Winfield and Kanata have been trading off between the past three Answer models to allow for a longer design window and more attention to the development process. It could be argued that Iverson’s series lost its gusto during the VI to IX era. Luckily, for Iverson and his fans, the line has been in good hands the past three years.
The XII is sharply sculpted along the heel, as the TPU structure is contoured around the ankle area and Achilles to provide stern protection for the most speedy of guards. The mid panel is also generously perforated for greater breathability and the clean suede toe sets off a nice balance to the simple yet sharp overall look. The outsole features a sticky rubber wavy herringbone traction pattern and cushioning comes via DMX Ride.
With the unexpected nature of Iverson’s trade to Detroit, Reebok had to scramble at the last minute and alter the shoe’s tongue from the “I3″ logo to the “ai” icon, as well as alter the shoe’s toe cap so that it included his new number #1 instead of the #3 that was planned for production. Over the past week, AI wore the ATR Vertical III, Answer VII and classic Question Low in white/red while he was awaiting his Pistons colored kicks.
Expect a widely available launch in February of the Answer XII, and Reebok intends to keep the Iverson signature line at the $100 retail price point.
- Allen Iverson’s signature shoe line is the second longest in the history of the basketball sneaker market.
- Iverson has one, if not the most loyal fan bases a professional athlete can have. Even through the tough times A.I.’s fans ride out for him. The Answer’s ride throughout his career as an NBA player has been a journey that not too many can say they have been on. Reebok tried to emulate that with Iverson’s latest signature shoe, the Answer 12.
- Answer XII will be lighter than the heavier set shoes allen has been wearing the last few seasons.
- Superior cushioning.
- Handy speed-lacing system for convenience.
- Leather/mesh upper is comfortable and breathable
- Removable foot-friendly liner add cushioning
- Play Dry lining for moisture management
- Multi-surface sole provides traction
Play Dry moves moisture away from your skin. It accelerates evaporation, increases ventilation and reduces chaffing. And it doesn’t trap the heat inside.
TPU Heel – Invictus
There is an elegant TPU heel graphic plate that features an excerpt from the poem “Invictus” by British poet William Ernest Henley. Invictus has been very instrumental in Iverson’s life. The poem speaks on how one is the master of their fate and the captain of one’s soul. The prose describes Allen Iverson’s on-court attitude and relentless will to win:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
- Black/Powder Blue/Yellow “Nuggets Away”
- Philly Colorway – Black-Red-White – Inspired by the Philadelphia 76ers
- Denver Colorway – Blue-White-Yellow – Inspired by his days as a Denver Nugget.
- Detroit Colorway – Blue-Red-White – The third colorway is obviously the colors of his current team, the Detroit Pistons.
- Reebok Answer XII All-Star Edition PE
22-Jan-2009 – Iverson debut the navy blue colorway during an away game against the Memphis Grizzlies
Seeing that the 2009 NBA All-Star game is less than two months away, expect to see a few special edition PEs in the near future. Coinciding with this year’s East colorway, the Reebok Answer 12 “All-Star Game” features a predominately royal blue upper. It contains red accents on the midsole, tongue and heel. Iverson inspirations are seen on the tongue (Iverson’s logo) and on the toe box (Iverson’s former jersey number). If you have noticed, Iverson has changed his number since the trade; therefore, it seems kind of awkward to be sporting a sneaker with another number on it!
View detailed photos of this exclusive All-Star PE courtesy of Fatboykickz
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!