- Questions and Answers
- 1996 NBA Draft
- 1996-97 Rookie Season
- 1997-98 Season
- 1998-99 Season
- 1999-00 Season
- 2000-01 Season
Father. Aspiring fisherman. Basketball star.
A great example of someone who has grown, matured, and learned from his mistakes, Iverson has had to overcome struggles and obstacles that most can only imagine. Raised by his hard-working mother (his father was in prison), Iverson lived in poverty his entire childhood. In his senior year of high school he went from being wooed by numerous colleges for both basketball and football, to serving time in jail and having those prospects disappear. But he persevered and went to Georgetown where he played basketball while majoring in Art. Since then he has become a basketball legend and role model – pretty amazing results for someone who to this day says football is his #1 sport.
Yet with all the fame and glory, Iverson remains incredibly grounded, insisting that basketball isn’t who he is but simply what he does. Baller, artist, rebel, devoted family man – has been able to thrive as an outspoken start without ever having to compromise who he is.
“A lot of people don’t know I’m just like them…just human. You know, I play with a lot of attitude but they don’t understand when I leave that arena I’m somebody’s husband, I’m somebody’s dad.”
|Full Name:||Allen Ezail Iverson|
|Nick Name:||The Answer, Bubbachuck|
|Position:||Point / Shooting Guard|
|Date of Birth:||June 7, 1975|
|Place of Birth:||Hampton, VA|
|Height:||6’0″ / 1.83 m|
|Vertical Leap:||44″ / 1.1 m|
|Weight:||165 lbs / 75.8 kg|
|High School:||Bethel High (Bruins)|
|Aquired:||1st overall,1996 draft (Philadelphia)|
|Salary / Contracts:||Philadelphia 76ers – 71 million over 6 years(2000)
Reebok – 40 million for 5 years(1996)
|Parents:||Father: Allen Broughton
Mother: Ann Iverson
|Siblings:||Two sisters, Brandy and Iiesha|
|Girlfriend / Fiancée / Spouce||Tawanna Turner (highschool sweetheart since 16 years old, married on August 2001)|
|Children:||Daugther: Tiaura (born in 1994, while A.I. was at college)
Son: Allen II or “Deuce” (born in 1997)
|Favorite Actor:||Samuel L. Jackson
|Favorite Actress:||Halle Berry|
|Favorite Song:||“Unbelievable” by Notorious B.I.G.|
|Favorite Book:||“The Color Purple”|
|Hobbies/Interests:||Enjoys drawing during his free time
Enjoys reading Sports Illustrated
|Charities / Organizations||Since 1998, has hosted annual Allen Iverson Celebrity Classic:
to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Hampton Roads, VA
Also founded the Cross Over Foundation
- Iverson was sent to jail in 1993
- He was later granted clemency.
- A professional hairdresser drives from New Jersey twice a week to do Iverson’s hair.
- Iverson only wore Jordan sneakers as a kid. Whenever they came out, his mom would do anything to get him a pair.
- When he was in jail, friends and family created t-shirts saying “Free Allen” or “Free Bubbachuck”.
- During games, Iverson’s mom can always be seen behind the basket with a big poster saying “That’s my boy #3!”
- When Allen was young, he drew a life-size mural of Michael Jordan on the door. Allen Iverson is a GREAT artist.
- While at college, Allen and Tawanna had their first child, a girl named Tiaura.
- Philadelphia was the only NBA city Allen visited..he loved the city
- The draft summer of ’96 Allen played in Japan with other college standouts and won silver medal.
- Iverson gave his Rookie of the year award to his mom, saying that he wouldn’t have been anywhere without her.
- Allen is good friends with Mase, Da Brat and Jermaine Dupree.
- He drives a Mercedes,a Bently Azure,and a Range Rover.
- He has jewelry worth $300000 and a watch worth $80000.
- Sometimes, Allen’s house gets so noisy that he checks into the closest Holiday Inn.
- Iverson is afraid of his mother dying, and has said that he wants to go before her.
- He wants to have the word “Misunderstood” on his grave.
- His jersey is among the top 5 selling jerseys in the country.
- Allen’s daughter, Tiaura sticks to her father like glue. She watches daddy’s every move and gets grumpy if Allen even hints that he’s going somewhere.
- Tiaura is a lot like Allen, talkative and friendly.
- Has a daughter, Tiaura, and two sons, Allen II and Isaiah Rahsaan
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!